As promised in our previous blog, NewzSocial has come up with a few tips for you to spruce up your content marketing campaign.
But, before we even begin talking about the strategies of an effective content marketing campaign, lets analyse the term ‘Content Marketing’. The simplicity of the term is what makes people overlook its true meaning, resulting in really bad content marketing campaigns. Ignoring the risk of sounding too simplistic, let me break the term down to itsÂ essenceÂ to ensure that we are all on the same page. Warning: Simple MathematicalÂ KnowledgeÂ is required to proceed further.
Content Marketing = Content + MarketingÂ
Content: Information About Something
Marketing: The action of promoting something
Hence, Â following simple mathematical logic, content marketing is basically promoting content about something. Having made this clear, lets explore this concept further.
How is promoting content about something different from traditional promotions about your products? Well, the key difference is that now you are not directly promoting your product but rather promoting a wide range of information encapsulating more than just your product with the intention of educating and/or entertaining people. Many marketers do notÂ realizeÂ this fact and hence in their content marketing campaigns, the content that they put up is just a mere regurgitation of their product features or company background (A huge turnoff for consumers!)Â Remember the goal is to promote content and not your product. And if you do a good job at it, consumers would automatically be drawn to your product. With social media being so prevalent and viral, a bad content marketing campaign is enough to heavily damage your company while a goodÂ campaignÂ wouldÂ certainlyÂ work wonders for you.
Having established that content is king, let’s now talk about how we can adorn this content with ‘kingly’ like attributes!
- Provide content of utility to your audience. Remember content marketing is all about promoting content that will be of use and interest to your audience and not just information about your product! A general rule of thumb is that after reading your content, your audience’s reaction should be along the lines of ‘Oh that’s cool! I didn’t know that!”
- Use pictures, videos and other forms of multimedia to supplement your content. Come on, you do not need me to repeat this age old saying do you? Ok well, just in case, here it is: ‘A picture speaks a thousand words!’. So, always try to reduce your word count and replace them with pictures or videos when applicable.
- A King is fed with a constant supply of never endingÂ deliciousÂ food….Get where I am going? Well, your content has to be constantly updated with new information. Write new contentÂ consistentlyÂ and do not leave your audience hanging in the air. No one likes that feeling ofÂ uncertainty!
- Diversify your content. Do not always write about the same topic and remember that the more interesting your content is, the higher your chance of converting passive audience to active customers.
- Leverage Social Media to the maximum of its potential. There is so much untapped power lying dorment in the various modes of social media. Setting up a Facebook page is not enough! Unfortunately, many people think that social media is all about setting up Facebook pages or groups. There is so much more to it than just that. Read up on tips on how to rise above the noise in social media and disseminate your content in the most effective manner.
These 5 adornmentsÂ areÂ certainlyÂ sufficient to alleviate your content to a King like status. So, marketers, after having read all these, you must be raring to begin your own content marketing campaign. Just rememeber this magic equation in all that you do:
Content Marketing = Content + Marketing
( You are promoting content and not just your product)